Infusing Intent Into the Adornment

After being unhappy about my inability to move away from trying to recreate 'Maya' and manifest traits in my first attempt, I decided to clarify the intentions of my adornments. Through this process I focused on the traits, actions,essence and persona of the adornments I was creating. This process allowed me to go back to the symbolism I had infused into my first mask too! I realised I had forgotten to articulate the thoughts behind the persona and had gotten too wrapped up within the concept of Maya. 

Hence, this time around, before creating mask 2, I worked backwards, I fleshed out the intention, actions and other relevant details of each mask. Post this plotting, even Mask 1 seemed to work!

Here is how I went about this process - 





It is from here that I began to envision and work on the visual structure of the next mask. 

Comments