Understanding Maya


After Seminar - 1 I used the next few days to immerse in the concept of Maya. I read through literature and philosophers to decode the highly misunderstood Illusion concept. What constitutes Maya? Can I identify the traits and actions of Maya? If Maya is not an illusion what is it? These were a few questions I sought.

What has finally emerged in truly fascinating? Below are my visual notes and consolidation after phase 1 of readings.

VISUAL NOTES 






CONSOLIDATION 


SECONDARY RESEARCH

1) Myth = Mithya - Devdutt Patnaik

2) Reality, Art, and Illusion - Allan Watts. Source: Better Listen. https://www.scribd.com/audiobook/287020604/Reality-Art-and-Illusion

3) The Aims of Indian Art - Ananda K. Coomaraswamy. Source: Studies in Comparative Religion, Vol. 9, No. 1. (Winter, 1975). © World Wisdom, Inc. www.studiesincomparativereligion.com 






Comments